Parking and Trail Access
- To reach the Atwood Wayside trailhead on the southern end of the Illinois Central Branch: From I-55/I-74, take Exit 160 for US 150. Head east on US 150/W. Market St. In 1.1 miles, turn left onto N. Hinshaw Ave., then take the second right onto W. Locust St. After 1.5 miles, turn right onto N. Robinson St. Four blocks down the street, the trailhead’s parking lot will be on your left, just past E. Monroe St.
- To reach the northern trailhead of the Illinois Central Branch at Kerrick Road/County Road 1850: From I-55, take Exit 165B for US 51 Bus. N/N. Main St. and head north. In about 1.25 miles, turn right onto Kerrick Road/CR 1850. The parking area will be past three warehouse driveways on the right side.
- There are numerous other trailheads for this extensive trail system throughout Bloomington, Normal, and along Route 66.
Trail Rules and Regulations
- Open daily from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
- All forms of motorized vehicles are prohibited (except for emergency and maintenance).
- Obey all warning and regulation signs.
- Remember to obey all pedestrian laws when crossing intersections along the trail.
- All other park rules apply.
Trail Use Safety Guidelines
- All users keep right.
- Be courteous at all times, respect other users, regardless of their mode, speed or skill level.
- Enter and exit trail at access points only.
- Give audible warning signal when passing, by voice, bell or horn.
- Have you outgrown the trail? If your speed or style endangers others, check for alternative routes better suited to your needs. The trail is designed for recreational uses.
- Keep the trail clean, use the trash receptacles.
- Clean up after your pets. Your cooperation is appreciated by all users of the trail.
- Do not wear earphones or anything that distracts from awareness of your environment.
- Please respect the neighbors along the trail, without their cooperation this trail may not exist.